MSLP Program Admission
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders or undergraduate degree in other related disciplines with satisfied pre-requisite course requirements.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum combined score of 280 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A minimum of 25 documented clinical observation hours within the scope of practice of speech-language pathology (SLP) under the direction of an ASHA certified SLP. Observations should cover a variety of SLP service delivery settings, disorders, client/patient ages across the life span, and levels of communication problems from mild to severe.
HOW TO APPLY
The MSLP Program utilizes the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application System (CSDCAS) for processing applications. To apply to our program, you must have a verified CSDCAS application.
Application Cycle Opens: July 15, 2022
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
*All application materials must be submitted and verified by CSDCAS by the application deadline. Application, payments, and transcripts must be received by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. To ensure items arrive on time, try to send all documents several weeks before the deadline. It generally takes 4-6 weeks for CSDCAS to verify application materials, so applicants must plan accordingly!
Documents that must be submitted to CSDCAS:
- GRE scores (please use code: 4378)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Most recent Resume/CV
- Personal statement of approximately 500 words that addresses the following:
- Discuss personal characteristics and experiences that led to your decision to pursue a graduate degree in speech-language pathology.
- Specifically address the ways in which the MSLP program at FMU can help you achieve your career goals.
- Personal statement must be uploaded to CSDCAS.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- At least one (1) recommendation must be from a faculty member from whom you have taken at least one (1) course.
- Two (2) additional faculty references (*If the student has been out of school for more than five (5) years, one (1) additional reference is acceptable.)
- Letters of recommendation must be uploaded to CSDCAS.
Interview invitations are extended to the most competitive applicants. The interviews will be held after the application deadline. Exact dates will be given to those applicants who are invited to interview.
All interviews will take place via ZOOM.
Statement of Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the University that no person shall be denied admission to any education program or activity on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, creed, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, veteran status or any other any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Under Title IX, any educational institution receiving federal financial assistance must notify the school community of its nondiscrimination policy and the name and contact information for its Title IX coordinator and adopt and publish grievance procedures providing for the prompt and equitable resolution of sex discrimination complaints.
TUITION & FEES
Students enrolled in the MSLP Pre-Requisite courses will pay the same tuition as MSLP students. Financial aid is available.
View tuition and fees here.